We’ve been busy launching new features, new integrations and partnerships, and more lately, and we wanted to make sure you knew about one that we’re insanely excited about. We’re thrilled to announce our ActiveCampaign integration – an email marketing integration that will revolutionize how you set up and execute your marketing funnel.
Why is the ActiveCampaign integration so great?
ActiveCampaign is one of the most full-featured email marketing and automation platforms around at a price point you’re not going to believe. If you love how seamless and fast split testing with Instapage is, you’re going to love how ActiveCampaign helps you fill out the rest of your marketing funnel. Your post-click landing pages are often created with the purpose of getting leads – now ActiveCampaign will help you ensure those leads are getting the treatment they deserve so they’ll convert later.
Using Instapage and ActiveCampaign together is one of the best decisions you can make for your business this year. We wanted to make sure to highlight how you craft perfectly message matched campaigns across your communication channels with this new integration.
How do I set up my ActiveCampaign integration in Instapage?
In typical Instapage fashion, it’s super easy!
1. Log-in to Instapage, and select the post-click landing page you’d like to connect with your ActiveCampaign account.
2. Click your call to action button to open the integrations tab.
3. Select the ActiveCampaign integration.
4. Enter your API info.
Seriously simple, right? and it’s a huge pay-off once you get these programs really working in sync together. To help you do that, we’ve created a starting guide here to help you figure how to best use ActiveCampaign alongside Instapage.
Five ways to rock the ActiveCampaign integration
Here are our top tips for integrating these programs and getting the most out of ActiveCampaign.
1. Automate your follow-up sequence
Building a relationship with a prospect begins the moment they give you their email. After someone submits a form on your post-click landing page, you’ll want to start delivering great content that continues to build that trust, positioning your product as the ideal solution to their problem.
While you should make it easy for a contact to purchase from you at any time, they probably won’t until they’ve had a chance to become familiar with your company and your product. Craft messages that nurture the relationship through education while motivating contacts to engage in increasingly significant interactions with your company.
This is a great time to overdeliver to blow your leads away. Go out of your way to exceed their expectations. Be remarkable. Earn their trust by demonstrating what they can expect from your company.
- Outline a follow up sequence that educates your user and differentiates your product from others on the market.
2. Tags are your friends
Tags are a great way to standardize and aggregate different information about your contacts. You can apply tags based on interactions like:
- a form they used
- a web page they visited
- a message they opened
- a link they clicked
Integrating this data into a tagging system will make it easier for you to leverage that information as you follow up with them. Your tagging system should be kept as simple, but it’s better to err by adding too many tags. You can remove them later if they aren’t useful, but it’s difficult to add them after the fact.
- Develop highly relevant tags. Each tag’s purpose should be obvious long after you’ve created it. A good naming convention might be: “Category of action – Specific action” – so for example, “Visited – Product X webpage,” “Opened – Summer promo,“ “Clicked – Download link for X free report,” or “Purchased – Product Y.”
3. Use site tracking to react in real-time
Site tracking allows ActiveCampaign to instantly react to a contact’s behavior on your website. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for personalized follow-up and perfectly timed messages.
For instance, you could send someone a discount code if they view a product page twice but don’t make a purchase. Or you could send a “How can I help you?” message if they visit your help documentation. This kind of marketing automation strengthens your relationship with your contacts by helping you provide the best service possible.
- Identify three places your lead might drop off. Create messages for each touch point that let the lead know you care about their experience, getting them what they need, and helping them in any way you can.
4. Segment early, segment often
Segmenting your list ensures you are sending messages to contacts who would be interested in them and no one else. This keeps your list engaged and responsive, and it trains your contacts to expect emails from you that contain relevant content that is important to them.
You can dynamically segment your list, so you have completely different follow-up based on the action they take on your site. As a contact moves deeper into your funnel, try to find additional ways of narrowing in on their exact interests so you can more precisely match your messages to their needs.
- Consider your buyer personas. Is there a natural way you could segment based on persona? Implement at least one segment in this way.
5. Split test everything
In spite of its tremendous value to marketers, split testing is often something we tell ourselves, “I’ll get to that later.” Meanwhile, hundreds of data points are lost, our marketing stagnates, and we remain uninformed about what works best for our audience. By building split tests into your marketing while you are creating it, you can avoid the temptation to procrastinate.
- Read about A/B testing here, and then go implement it. No really. Go do it right now. It’s incredibly simply to make the different variations in Instapage and ActiveCampaign. Why wouldn’t you want better data?
Instapage makes it easy to split test all the elements of your post-click landing pages; ActiveCampaign makes it easy to split test your messages on the basis of sender information, subject line, and email content. By integrating the two services, you’ll have a constantly evolving, fine-tuned funnel from top to bottom. Provide every prospect with a personalized experience from start to finish. Sign up for an Instapage Enterprise demo today.
See the Instapage Enterprise Plan in Action.
Demo includes AdMap™, Personalization, AMP,
Global Blocks, heatmaps & more.