What Role Can My Company Have at an Event?
Hosting an event is a great way to increase brand awareness and reach your target audience.
When deciding on hosting an event think about:
- Your customer base: What type of events are they likely to attend?
- Partnering with non-competing businesses: To share costs and increase your reach.
- Promoting your event: Will it be more effective to promote your event via social media, email, ads, or all three?
- How you’ll follow up with leads: What will you do to collect leads’ information and what processes will you put in place for lead nurturing post-event?
- How you’ll measure your event ROI: Since you’ll be footing the bill, make sure that your event has measurable metrics for success, whether that’s attendee numbers or sales made post-event.
Companies may choose to sponsor an event for a variety of reasons, some of which include:
- Lead Generation: To gain access to an engaged and enthusiastic audience who will be more receptive to your message.
- Branding: To build brand awareness with a target audience, as well as align their brand with the host’s brand and other companies hosting the event.
- Networking: Conferences provide an opportunity to network with other businesses and potentially create partnerships that make sense for your business.
- Customer Engagement: Brands can interact directly with their customers to build more meaningful relationships and have the chance to answer any questions or pain points they may have.
Many times sponsorship opportunities are flexible, so work with the event organizer to create a sponsorship that meets your objectives and budget. You’ll want to ask yourself many of the same questions that you would if you were hosting an event to ensure you maximize the ROI of your marketing spend.
Securing a speaking slot at events can be competitive or tied to certain sponsorship levels, but having the opportunity to present at an event can be a great way to position your executives as thought leaders.
By choosing a topic related to your business, you’ll show attendees that you’re a trusted resource and that by extension your company is a trusted resource. It’s also important to network during the event to build your brand.