Over the years, we’ve detailed specific techniques how to create an optimized landing page that generates leads.
Best practices include:
- Crafting a benefit-oriented headline
- Presenting legitimate reasons why you’re superior to the competition
- Inserting an image that isevant and eye-catching
- Designing a CTA button that attracts attention and encourages action
- Selecting customer testimonials that showcase your product or service in a variety of ways
- Establishing authority and credibility using trust seals and customer badges
- Connecting your page with multiple marketing tools to enhance its performance
- Performing A/B tests to see which elements above are successful
That’s a lot of work. And for someone just starting out, creating landing pages can be overwhelming and intimidating — especially if you don’t have IT or design experience.
Being a designer or understanding “code” can work in your favor when it comes to designing landing pages. However, not every marketer is a that tech savvy. So, where do the IT-challenged marketers go to create landing pages?
They come to Instapage.
Instapage is the only landing page software developed with all marketing skill levels in mind. From highly-experienced marketers to novice marketers just beginning — we’ve got everyone covered.
Even if it’s your first time creating a landing page, you can publish a page from scratch in as little as three minutes.
Here are five features that help you create faster, optimized landing pages with Instapage.
1. Automated image masking
We remember 80% of what we see, but only 20% of what we read, so choosing the right landing page image is essential for lead generation.
Don’t want to use stock photography or a template’s image? No problem. You can easily upload your own image in just a few clicks. Not only that, your image will be automatically scaled and masked to fit the template.
With the help of image masking you can:
- Save time by replacing and editing images seamlessly
- Reposition the image within the boundaries of the existing image box
- Quickly add your images to our templates or change the images on A/B variations allowing you to do more testing
Watch this short video to see image masking on full display:
2. Pre-filled forms generate leads, faster
Lead capture forms are the biggest friction point on landing pages so you’ll probably never hear someone say, “I want to fill out that form.” This is because visitors are hesitant to provide their personal information.
ConversionXL featured an A/B test conducted by Marketing Experiments on a landing page form fields. The page saw an 188.46% increase in conversions when form fields were reduced from twenty to four.
Clearly, short lead capture forms convert more because they reduce friction. They don’t make people do a lot of work.
Pre-filled forms also help eliminate landing page friction and increase conversion rates.
Instapage’s pre-filled form feature helps make your lead capture process easier by remembering anyevant user information filled out in previous forms.
As long as your form fields are titled the same, your leads will arrive at your Instapage landing page with the work already done for them. The best part is that this works across all Instapage landing pages, including other domains.
Here’s a video that explains the feature in detail:
3. WordPress plugin makes publishing easy
The more landing pages you create, the more potential you have to generate leads. According to HubSpot data, “companies with 30 or more landing pages generate 7x more leads than those with fewer than 10 [landing pages].”
How does Instapage help you create more landing pages? By offering you a variety of ways to publish your landing page, including publishing your landing page on WordPress.
The Instapage WordPress plugin comes with:
- Analytics: Your landing page statistics are visible directly from your WordPress dashboard, including visitor count and A/B conversion rates.
- Thumbnails: You can quickly identify your landing pages with a thumbnail visual.
- Clean design: Focus on creating and publishing your landing pages, without spending time searching for the right page.
Want more information? Here’s a short video showing the plugin:
4. Create high converting landing pages with easy A/B testing
Create, test, repeat.
Some A/B tests you can run on your landing pages include:
- Short vs. long headline
- Number of form fields
- “Above the fold” CTA vs. “below the fold” CTA
- CTA button color
- CTA button copy
- Image vs. video
- Gif vs. video
- Graphic vs. photography
Instapage features easy A/B testing with multiple page variants. This is very exciting because you can get instant data on your campaigns and allows you to devote your resources where they generate the highest returns.
5. Connect your page with tools you already use
Even though landing pages are standalone pages, they work most efficiently when you integrate them with other marketing tools.
Instapage provides you with more than 20 integrations — including CRM, social, email marketing, optimization, and automation:
No coding or design experience necessary. Just a few mouse clicks and your page can be connected.
Creating landing pages doesn’t sound so intimidating anymore does it?
PS: If you haven’t already, please check out our pricing update. If you’re not an Instapage user yet, sign-up for a 14-day free trial of our Basic account.